Sunday, February 5, 2012

Workin' It!

Today was 20 minutes walk/jog/run and then 10 minutes "total body" which was a rotation of 5 push-ups, 10 crunches, and 15 squats.

I'm on my first day of feeling like I can breathe fully, my nose is dry and my head is clear(er). I decided to take it easy so I don't relapse just in time for another work week. So for the walk/jog/run, I put in a movie (But I'm A Cheerleader - total cheese and I LOVE it!), and fast marched/jogged in place.

I did 6 rotations total in the 10 minutes and wasn't pushing myself. That's a total of 30 push-ups, 60 crunches, and 90 squats. I think I have Beachbody programs to thank for this! I haven't done crunches since I was a sophomore in highschool (1994 to be more specific!) so I'm not entirely sure if I did those right. I seem to remember I'm not supposed to go all the way up. Basically, I laid my feet flat with bent knees, had my lower back against the floor but my shoulders off. I crossed my arms on my chest and basically curved my stomach in. Whether it was correct form or not, it definitely was working my abs. I was getting shaky on that last set. Squats were super easy. All of the Beachbody programs have been squat intensive so I'm pretty sure that's why. The push-ups have always been a weakness for me and I'm hoping to improve throughout this workout schedule! Those last 5 were pretty shaky but I got them done.

No comments:

Post a Comment