Sunday, February 26, 2012

Healthy Cookie Dough Dip

I had posted previously about trying the "No Sugar Cookie Dough Dip"  from Chocolate Covered Katie. Today, I made the regular version Cookie Dough Dip with brown sugar. I also blended it longer. I came close to burning out the motor of our blender so I'd suggest others stick with Katie's recommendation to NOT use a blender!



cookie dough dip

The majority of this dip is beans. There's a titch of peanut butter, brown sugar, oats, milk and just a dash of baking soda, salt, and vanilla. I have read in the comments that someone prepared PB2 (the powdered peanut butter) according to package directions and it still turned out well - so that's an option if you want to cut the calories even further.

I strayed from the recipe on a few things. I had a bag of beans so instead of canned, I soaked & boiled 135g (the equivalent to 1 1/2 cups, which is what you get out of a 250g can). I used semi-sweet chocolate chips. I don't have a food processor but I do have a "handy chopper" so I pureed it in small batches and then blended it all in the blender on the "liquefy" setting while lightly tapping the top down with a spoon.

So how did it taste?

This batch was a lot less "beany" textured than last time because I took the extra step of liquefying in the blender. I really wish I had a food processor!

This batch also tasted more like cookie dough than the last batch. I didn't have any more graham crackers to eat it with so I just ate it with a spoon. Yup, it is that good! I ate 2/8 of the batch as soon as I finished portioning it out for the week. This will once again be my workweek 3:00 dessert and added bean intake.

Nutritional Info as entered on Sparkpeople.com

Next week, I'm going to make Black Bean Flourless Cake
Sneak peak photo:

No comments:

Post a Comment