Monday, February 6, 2012

Pushing Through


Today was the 20 minute jog/run and then 10 minutes "total body" (rotation of 5 push-ups, 10 crunches, and 15 squats).

For the jog/run, I finished But I'm A Cheerleader. It was the last half which is the funniest. It made the 20 minutes fly by. I only quick-marched for about a minute.

I did 7 rotations total in the 10 minutes. That's a total of 35 push-ups, 70 crunches, and 105 squats. I felt a definite improvement on the push-ups. If I'd have had more than 10 minutes, I'm confident that I could have done at least a few more rounds!

I'm looking forward to tomorrow's Chest, Back & Abs strength exercises. 10 exercises of 15 reps each and 2 stretches. I'm guessing it will take around 15 minutes? It's considered an optional "targeted workout" which might be why it's so short. It's also intended to be difficult by using resistance bands or weights that push to failure by the end of reps. I won't be doing the chin ups because I don't have a bar to do them on. We do have exposed rafters on the unfinished side of the basement so maybe I could drill a hole and run a pipe through or something.

All in all, I'm feeling really great about this schedule and I'm pretty proud of my follow-through so far!

No comments:

Post a Comment