Friday, January 14, 2011

Getting Started

I will post my most recent cholesterol levels and blood pressure readings later, since I have to dig around and find them first. I'll request another when I go to my annual checkup in April.

I will also post the body measurements I took when I started the Beachbody Insanity program (the first time, lol)

Around August or September of 2010, I stopped drinking soda. This decision was initially based on a tight feeling in my chest that I felt pretty consistently within an hour of finishing a can of Pepsi. Once I felt better, I started drinking it again but then consistently had issues with my gut so I cut it out again. Amazing how much better I can feel if I just listen to my body!

In October, I started working out with my friend Josh to the 60-day Insanity program on DVD offered by Beachbody (same company that put out P90X). I got through week 3 before I went to the doctor for extreme shin pains. He put me on a 2-wk mandatory rest. He didn't even want me walking when it wasn't necessary. So, after two weeks I didn't feel like working out anymore. Luckily for me (and everyone around me), Josh wanted to start up again so we did. We started over at the beginning and got about 9 days in when the holidays hit. So many conflicts in scheduling and we eventually just weren't doing it anymore. We officially started over again on January 1st. This time though, if there is a scheduling conflict, I'm doing it alone at home. Since I started January 1st, it's easy to figure out how many days I've completed so far!

As of November 2010, I started incorporating a pound of vegetables into my daily diet. In December I started eating at least 2 servings of fruit as well.

So that's the history leading up to today.

No comments:

Post a Comment