Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Breakfast Option

This morning's breakfast was simply aaah-MAZING!



‎3oz (baked) egg white infused with jalapeño pepper sauce, 1/2 oz pepper jack cheese, green pepper, tomato, toasted on an English muffin






Make it:

  • Separate egg whites (3 oz is *almost* 3 large eggs, I use a food scale. At the time of this post, it was cheaper to buy a dozen eggs and separate than it was to buy the container of egg whites. I cooked up the yolks and froze them for use at some other time. 1 Tbsp of cooked yolk is about the equivalent of one egg yolk)
  • Spray ramekin (or other small oven-safe dish) with olive oil or whatever nonstick substance you prefer
  • Pour egg white into ramekin
  • Drizzle about half a cereal spoon of jalapeño pepper sauce over the egg white
  • Pour water into another ramekin (or other small oven-safe dish) (keeps it from getting dried out on top)
  • Place both dishes in oven and bake at 375 until done. I checked it at 12 minutes, and kept cooking an additional 2 minutes until it didn't look watery anymore. I also made 5 at one time so my cook time would be longer than if you're just making one.
  • I refrigerated all 5 of my egg white pucks and sliced the pepper jack cheese to 1/4 oz slices so when I'm ready for a sandwich, I just assemble it and stick it in the toaster oven for a quick melt and warm-through. 
For those calorie counting, here are those figures (from Sparkpeople.com)
Calories: 263
Carbs: 32
Fat: 4
Protein: 21
Sodium: 466
Cholesterol: 15
Fiber: 3

No comments:

Post a Comment