Friday, August 19, 2011

A tiny rant

Few things frustrate me more than a person who is not morbidly obese calling themselves fat. If you're 250 and the target range is 150, you're overweight but not fat. I guess in my head, the label "fat" just conjures up all sorts of negative imagery and seems so demeaning. Why would you be so demeaning to yourself?
On the same line of ranting, I also get frustrated when people assume I'm exercising or eating better because I think I'm fat. Do I have an issue with my belly? Yes. I would like it to be more toned. I would like it to show definition. I'll say things like, "My pants have been fitting tight lately. It's time for me to watch what I eat and start focusing on exercise." and inevitably, someone will pipe up, "You are NOT fat!". Uh, I didn't say I Was.

No comments:

Post a Comment