Sunday, August 21, 2011

Lazy weekend

Friday was the new rest day for the workout schedule. It's not much of a rest day when I work 2 jobs and have barely 2 hours of down time between them but that's what I've got.
Saturday I woke up very late and didn't have time to workout before heading out to celebrate my brothers' birthdays at the bowling alley. When I got home from that I was just exhausted and didn't feel well. I'd eaten like crap since Thursday night and my body was telling me about it. So I didn't work out.
Sunday I woke up by 9 (still late for what we had planned for the day), proceeded to drive 2 hours to meet up with a friend and help organize for a garage sale (don't feel like we did much though), and drive 2 hours back. I'm exhausted again. I don't feel like crap though. I just don't feel like working out. I've lost the drive. So I'm taking another day off.
I will start up again tomorrow after work. I'm not as likely to talk myself out of working out if I do it as soon as I get home from work. I just walk in the door, change into my workout clothes, and go downstairs. The weekends don't give me that opportunity. I'm a little frustrated that I let it go so easily AND went to crap on the food front, but it's one little slip and not the end of the world. I'll be back on track and feeling great in no time.
I still have steel-cut oatmeal with dried fruit for breakfast throughout the week. I just finished making lunches for the week as well. This week I'll be having tequila-lime seasoned pork with lemon soaked quinoa. I might cook some frozen veggies in a bowl after work to eat on the way home if I don't have room to eat them with lunch. The quinoa tends to fill me up pretty quick.

No comments:

Post a Comment