Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Bottomless pit

I've been doing really great at working out. However, whenever I get back into the habit of daily workouts, it seems to kick my metabolism into overdrive. When I finish the workout I am famished! And when I'm that hungry, I don't do well with portion control. I try, don't get me wrong. I put the good portion amount on my salad plate. I scarf it down and sit for 30 minutes to wait and see if that hunger goes away. Thirty minutes (sometimes more) goes by and I'm still hungry so I eat another helping.
Logically, I can see in hindsight that instead of a second helping, maybe I should be grabbing some fruits or veggies. Unfortunately, that logical sense never seems to hit when that feeling of never-ending-hunger is upon me. The upside is that breakfast and lunch portions haven't changed!
I haven't weighed or measured yet so I can't say with certainty, but I feel like I've just managed to maintain the same weight and measurements. My pants and shirts don't feel like they fit any differently anyway, which is what I was going for.
Still though, if the worst that's happened is that I've maintained my body, I can't say that's a horrible thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment