Monday, August 15, 2011

I'm Prepared!

I've got a really busy 3 weeks coming so I decided I needed to plan my lunches so that I could prepare them over the weekend and have one less thing to remember on weekday evenings.
This week's lunches will be "Fiesta chicken sandwiches" and "Fiesta sweet potatoes". 
The chicken was just a container of fresh salsa and 2 chicken breasts in a crockpot on low for 6 hours. I strained off the excess liquid and put that in a container for the week. When I assemble my sandwich, it's a bun, slice of cheese, green peppers, pineapple, and chicken. SO tasty! 
The potatoes are 2 large sweet potatoes cut into bite sized chunks - tossed with olive oil to coat - then tossed with 2 Tbsp of fajita seasoning (I found a diy and made my own) - bake at 350 for 35 minutes. I'm not as impressed with the potatoes. I don't know if I have too much seasoning or if the potatoes just aren't sweet enough to counter the spice (the ones in the bin marked "sweet potatoes" were yellow/white - not orange.

I went ahead and rearranged the workout schedule. I could see myself allowing a skip day otherwise. So I took Saturday as my rest day and started the week on Sunday. I'll take Friday as my rest day this week which will be one day earlier than scheduled but better than 2 days early. 

I tried working out downstairs tonight. The adapter cable was missing quite a few pins so the picture wouldn't show on the television. Since I'd already lugged everything down (fan, mat, laptop, dvds, water, phone) I wasn't about to pack it all back upstairs. So I just played the dvd from my laptop. About 15 minutes in, the laptop decided it wasn't going to recognize the dvd anymore. ARGH! So I restarted the laptop and walked in place while I waited for the start-up to complete and dvd to load. The rest of the workout went flawlessly. Plus, once I turned on the light, I could see my reflection in the black television screen so it was like having a mirror!

I left the fan and mat downstairs. I think I'll keep working out down there. Maybe we'll find a freebie used dvd player somewhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment