Sunday, March 6, 2011

Spinach Chicken Almond Egg White Sandwich **UPDATE**

**UPDATE**
I just finished eating. It's delicious! Kind of like an Asian dish. Yum yum yum!
************

Last week I didn't feel like doing the prep work to make my egg sandwich squares so I had peanut butter on english muffins all week. That's not a horrible breakfast but pretty dull. Today I got off my laurels and got the egg dish done. However, my sun dried tomatoes were left at work and I didn't have any green peppers. So I decided to change things up a bit. This doesn't always go over so well so I'll let you know how they taste after I have one tomorrow morning!

I didn't have any leftover chicken, and didn't feel like cooking any, so I used almonds. Then about halfway through separating eggs, decided I really did like having the chicken in there so went ahead and boiled a piece after all. I still kept the almonds.

In the end, the squares will have egg white, spinach, almond and chicken. Then I'll assemble as usual on the english muffin with one ounce of cheese.

Here's the recipe in case you're curious of nutritional information:
http://recipes.sparkpeople.com/recipe-detail.asp?recipe=1522133

No comments:

Post a Comment