Monday, March 14, 2011

Oh d-d-d-dear!

Serious cheese, serious coordination

One month ago, I was sick of sitting on my ass and decided to start the Insanity workout again with traumatic results. Then I realized what was going on with my body and decided to start tapping instead. That lasted two days.

Fast forward a month and I'm back to "sick of sitting on my ass" and wanting to start Insanity again. Except I know better this time. Because of course, since it's exactly a month later, what do you think is going on with my body? Yeah - not my idea of fun. I'm really hoping that I'll still have this drive to get moving next week when this is all done with.

In the meantime though - it's snowing outside again so I'm not working in the yard, not walking with Ashley and our dog, not doing much of anything. I *could* start tapping again but I'm quite disappointed in my lack of coordination and don't feel like being discouraged right now. I *could* also start doing this wall printout of circuit workouts that a friend gave me.

Okay, so maybe I'm back to "sick of sitting on my ass" but not quite at the "start moving" phase...

Something to attest to the power of the mind: I've been consistently losing 2 pounds every 2 weeks without exercise. First, my brain thinks, "Just imagine how much faster you'd be losing if you were working out! OR How much better shape you'd be in with exercise!" Then the lazy brain kicks in and says, "Isn't it nice that you can lose weight by just eating healthier and less? Who needs exercise?!"



Someone please, kick me in the butt on March 21st and remind me that I really do feel better when I'm working out and that I need to really focus on trying to finish Insanity at least once!

No comments:

Post a Comment