Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Fitness theory

I was reading Steve Edward's blog, "The Straight Dope" because it was featured in an Insanity link on Facebook. This line made my head tilt:
"Conventional fitness theory is that when you stop training it takes you the same time that you had off to get back to where you were." - Steve Edwards
If this is true, I'm apparently setting myself up for a world of hurt by putting Insanity off until August. I'm going to put some serious thought into how I could work in some sort of mini workouts to at least keep me in semi-decent condition while I wait to start Insanity again. 


I have done some research on fasting exercises - which essentially what any morning workout would be for me - and basically as long as it doesn't reach aerobic rate (at most, a brisk walk) and the time doesn't exceed 30 minutes, I should be fine. I'm not in it to do major calorie burnage, which is what all the articles I found were focused on, so I may need to up my breakfast calories if I start looking skeletal, LOL
If I can get out of bed even 15 minutes earlier, I could get in a 5 minute warm up followed by a 10 minute circuit. It won't be as intense as Insanity but it might be just enough to keep my body in that mode so that August won't be quite so painful.

No comments:

Post a Comment