Thursday, September 29, 2011

C25K - Run 4

Today's run marked the beginning of Week 2, which brought increased walking, increased jogging, and a new interval mix!

Week 2 starts with a brisk 5-minute warmup walk, then alternating 90 seconds of jogging and 2 minutes of walking for a total of 20 minutes.

I started the run later than I typically do. The colors of the sunset were spectacular as they reflected off the fall colors of the turning leaves on all the trees along my route. It was unspeakably beautiful. And the smells were so wonderful.

Other than the unfortunate circumstance of starting my girly crap just before heading out - and the cramps associated with that crap kicking in just about halfway through the run - tonight went really well. The stitch in my side showed up at about the 20 minute mark, but disappeared very quickly. Also, I ran further again! It was another 10th of a mile extra. I'm sure it's because I'm running longer but I'm still pretty excited about it.

The end result was 2.27 miles in 25 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment