Monday, September 26, 2011

C25K - Run 3


I'm not sure why but today's run was accompanied with labored breathing. I mean, really - really - labored. I don't think it ever returned to normal and it felt like I was breathing really cold air even though it was 75 degrees out. Weird.

Some great news though!

I woke up this morning and almost all the soreness in my muscles was gone! 

Today's run was the last of the brisk 5-minute warmup walk, then alternating 60 seconds of jogging and 90 seconds of brisk walking - for a total of 20 minutes.

The stitch in my side didn't show up until the 20 minute mark (another 5 minute improvement)

The end result was again 2.25 miles in 25 minutes. Even as tired and out of breath as I was, I had a huge smile on my face when I realized I was passing my typical "finish" place and still had a minute to go on the timer! 

I'm still improving so I feel good about the results. Today was the last of Week One. Thursday I will start with Week Two, which is longer runs and longer walks. Just when my body was getting used to this one. Keep on pushin' on!

No comments:

Post a Comment