Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Green Tea - thoughts?

Lately, I've been tossing around the idea of switching from coffee to tea for multiple reasons. I first began looking into it when coffee started upsetting my stomach. Then I started getting fitness newsletters that touted the benefits of tea as an appetite suppressant (in line with a healthy eating plan) as well as the many antioxidant benefits. So when today's Health Notes article from HyVee was about green tea, I didn't expect to be reading anything I hadn't already learned.

I didn't expect to learn that by drinking at least 3 cups of green tea a day, I could see results of lower LDL cholesterol totals in as little as three weeks.

This is a renewed motivation to get my blood tested. With current test results in hand, knowing I've been taking fish oil capsules for well over my intended one-month test time frame, I'll have something to compare after a month of drinking green tea.

Are you a tea drinker? What do you think of the claims?

No comments:

Post a Comment