Saturday, September 24, 2011

C25K - Run 2


I was really not sure how today's run would feel. My body has been experiencing post-Insanity workout type pain yesterday, and even worse today. It hurt to do anything. My shoulders, back, sides, abs, butt, thighs, legs and foot. Yup, literally my entire body!

Today's run would either loosen up my muscles or feel like torture for 25 minutes.

Today's run was the same: a brisk 5-minute warmup walk, then alternating 60 seconds of jogging and 90 seconds of brisk walking - for a total of 20 minutes.

So, how did the "run" feel? My muscles loosened and felt great before the warmup was done. I didn't get the stitch in my side until about 15 minutes in (a 5 minute improvement from the first time). My lungs never felt like they were on fire and I never felt like I was going to throw up. Improvements!

The end result was again 2 miles in 25 minutes. I did my post-run cool-down stretches and quickly realized the pain in my body was still very present. I think I need to borrow a friend's foam roller and just deal with the pain of working those out.

All-in-all I felt good about today. I got out there and ran even though I was still hurting. I also improved in many areas. Monday is my last of this routine.

No comments:

Post a Comment