Tuesday, October 4, 2011

C25K - Run 5


Just a few days overdue but I got it done! I'm in a hotel this week and luckily they have a fitness center. I've never ran on a treadmill before, so today was a bit trial and error. I accidentally stopped it once so I lost all the previous data. Then it stopped on its own a second time because I miscalculated how long I'd be running. So I have no idea how far I ran, but I was running 6mph and "brisk walking" 4mph for the entire 25 minutes. I'm guessing it was 2.5 miles. 

How did it feel? I definitely feel like I ran harder. I tried hitting the "increase incline" a few times in an attempt to keep it the same as how I run at home but I had no idea how long to keep it there or how high. Plus I think when I run up hills at home, I'm actually  running slower because when I did it on the treadmill it definitely felt different. The treadmill was running at the same speed but I felt like I had to run faster to keep up. 

In the end, I had more sweat than I have before. I didn't have any side cramps or soreness after. 

The end result was (I'm guessing) 2.5 miles in 25 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment