Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Six to Go!

I've only got six more days left of the Rockin' Body schedule and then it's time to move on to something else. I still haven't decided what that will be though!

My brain is still screaming for the Insanity workout again but a few things are holding me back:

  1. I need to find someone to loan me a copy since I can't afford to buy it
  2. I need a new sports bra. The one I have is too constricting and I need to BREATHE for those insane workouts!
  3. Some flooring renovations. I have the foam interlocking squares (thanks to a generous friend!) but they slide on the tile floor when I do side-to-side type moves. Maybe I could move the area rug from the bed area over to the tv area and put the foam pieces on top of the rug? 
Really, my biggest holdup is finding a copy. If I had that, I'd figure out a way to make the other stuff work! February has 29 days this year, and March (of course) has 31 - which basic math tells me is exactly 60 days (the length of the Insanity Program). I love when workout schedules fit in entire months. It's one more thing to push me to stay on track.

If I don't do Insanity, another thought I had was to try out the Lifehacker Workout.

I would alter the deck of cards workout to include a few other varieties though. Mostly because it's so easy to do chair dips with improper form without someone supervising. Also because I just prefer a bit of variety! They also didn't specify how long to hold the reps or to do them slowly so I figured I'd throw that in there too.
  • Hearts = jumping (ski slalom style, jump rope style, jacks, whatever)
  • Diamonds = L-sit raised, V-sit raised if possible - hold for 10 seconds/rep (triceps) 
  • Clubs = plank climbers, knee-to-elbow plank, or helicopter - 4 seconds in, 4 seconds out
  • Spades = lunges or squats - 4 seconds down, 4 seconds up
Shuffle the deck. Do the corresponding exercise for the number of reps on the card. Examples: 5 of Hearts would be 5 jumping moves. Jack of Clubs would be 11 plank moves. Ace of Spades would be 15 lunges or squats.

If I actually got through the entire deck, I'd be doing 105 of each exercise! Since I probably won't be at that point for awhile, I'd want to track my progress so I'll make a chart and keep it updated.

The Lifehacker Workout is only 3-4 days a week, and two of those days include 20 minutes of walking or jogging. I am not heading outdoors for workouts until it's above 60 again. If I'm going to make this work, I need to type out a schedule to follow and specify what I'm going to do for cardio that doesn't require being outside. Otherwise, I can tell by previous non-scheduled attempts, I will not follow through. 

No comments:

Post a Comment