Friday, January 13, 2012

Getting Back On Track

In my previous update, I mentioned that I had taken an extra "rest" day because of dizziness. Monday rolled around and I was in a serious funk (even called into work and slept until 2:30, WTF).

I fully acknowledge that I need exercise. My mental health depends on it. I should probably not even take the "rest day" that's recommended for these workout schedules. Granted, I probably shouldn't push as hard as I do on regular workout days but just hula hoop or take the dog for a walk. Something. Otherwise, it's just too easy to let myself lay around and do nothing.

In order to get back on track and complete the Rockin' Body calendar before the end of January, I need to skip the next 2 scheduled rest days - and I can't skip any more days. I'm okay with that. In the end, it's better for my mental health to keep at it anyway.

I haven't decided what February holds for me. I received my copies of Hip Hop Abs back from the friend I'd loaned them out to. As fun as HHA & Rockin Body are though, I've been kind of craving Insanity again. Or I've also found some Watch Instant on Netflix that are part of the 10 Minute Solution series, which I could mix and match on my own to make as long or short as I wanted. Sometimes just that 10 minutes is all I need to feel like doing more. I'll finish January first though ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment