Monday, April 30, 2012

Food!

Last week, I had the same thing for breakfast and lunch every day. This is actually pretty typical for me. I very much enjoy food, especially those which are full of flavor. I love trying new foods and dishes. I love the smells, the colors, and the variety. However, most of the time I eat more for satiation than for pleasure.

I've been eating steel-cut oats with some variation of toppings every morning for a little over a year now. (Unless we run out or I've put off making it.) These last two weeks, the topping was a tablespoon of cocoa and a teaspoon of sugar. A few days, I stole some of Max's "treats" and threw in some dried banana chips. It was like a dark chocolate version of no-bake cookies without the peanut butter and felt like having dessert for breakfast. Excellent!

Dessert for breakfast!

For lunch last week, I had frozen mixed vegetables and shrimp, tossed in Franks Red Hot Sauce. After that was finished, I'd eat 4-5 sticks of raw jicama. Today I got adventurous and threw chunked up jicama into the shrimp concoction. The sweetness of the jicama kind of got lost in the spice. When I finished, I wished I hadn't done it because I wanted that refreshingly cool and sweet crunch to clear my palette.

Shrimp w/ veggies & raw jicama chunks - doused in Franks Red Hot Sauce

We had friends over for game night on Friday and Sweetie made some snacks & treats for the group. As always, her creations were delicious!

Bruschetta "Southwest Chicken Puffs"  Pastry puff filled with pudding & whipped cream

The toast points for the bruschetta were from a loaf of french bread she had made the day prior. She felt it had too much yeast to be eaten soft & warm but it worked excellent as toast points for the tomato-basil & herb goat cheese.

The chicken was a mixture of pieces from the chickens she'd roasted, cream cheese, and salsa.

The pastry puffs were made from scratch as well but I have no idea where the recipe came from. Maybe she'll read this and comment ;-)

1 comment:

  1. Here are all the recipes. http://agirlsgottalive.blogspot.com/2012/05/parties-projects-and-plants-1-game.html

    ReplyDelete