Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Garden Plantings

Every year I think I'm going to try my hand at starting veggies/flowers from seed and every year we end up getting plants at some great plant sale. This year was a combo. I have some started by seed and some from the plant sale at Sutherlands. The sale was 89 cents per 4-pack which is far too much for us so we're giving 2 of every vegetable to my parents. This year we're trying (for the first time) cauliflower, eggplant, onion, and brussel sprouts. We also got tomato (cherry, roma & orange), purple sweet bell pepper, red sweet bell pepper, and an italian sweet pepper that looks like a hot pepper. By that point, we'd caught the "plant-sale bug" and started browsing the flowers as well. I was very pleased with my restraint. We ended up only getting marigolds and a border flower called Kimono Yellow Celosia.

Here are some pictures of the front garden. After the pictures, I've given a complete list of what I've planted from seed for 2012.

View of the front garden from about the middle of our lawn. View while squatting near the corner of the garden
Kimono Yellow Celosia  Radish
Snow Pea blooms Sweet Pepper
Onion Eggplant
Cauliflower Brussel Sprouts
Spinach Mixed lettuce (romaine stump in middle)


Here's a complete list of what I've planted from seed for 2012:

herbs:
basil
rosemary


veggies:
carrots
cucumber
garlic
peas
radish
tomato

lettuce:
lettuce mix
"rocket" lettuce
romaine
spinach

flowers:
purple & white alyssum (annual)
daisies: pom-style (perennial)
daisies: wild african (annual)
foxglove (perennial)
lupine (perennial)
marigold (annual)
maiden pinks (perennial)
nasturtium (annual)
snapdragons (annual)
snow-in-summer (perennial)
zinnia: pom-style (annual)

No comments:

Post a Comment