Monday, April 25, 2011

Edit to timeline

After quite a bit of discussion, moping, more discussion, then finally the realization that I was setting myself up for a rough time for potentially no reason, I came to the decision to revise my timeline on steps to lower my cholesterol results. 
Basically what Ashley pointed out was that if my cholesterol goes down after following a restrictive diet for 3 months, I won't know if I would have had the same results with fish oil capsules. In short, I *might* not have to change anything if the fish oil brings it down. She also pointed out that I don't eat horribly. I have oatmeal for breakfast and salad or lean meat for lunch. It's a small portion dinner with cheese, cream sauce, red meat (any or all of the above) - and that's the worst of what I eat. I don't drink soda, I don't eat fast food or even junk food like chips, cookies and cakes. At least not often. So here's my revision:

April 25 through July 25: eat like I have been, healthy but not restrictive - and take fish oil capsules - get blood tested at HyVee
If results are still high:
August 1 through October 1: eat like I have been, healthy but not restrictive - and take fish oil capsules - exercise - get blood tested at HyVee
If results are still high:
October 3 through December 3: low cholesterol meals with exercise - get blood tested at HyVee
If results are still high:
December 12 through March 12: low cholesterol meals with exercise and fish oil capsules - get blood tested at HyVee

No comments:

Post a Comment