Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Cool breakfasts

Someone suggested salad for breakfast. I tried it and it was surprisingly filling! I didn't have any added protein - just leaves and veggies and a light drizzle of dressing. I learned later in the day that I probably shouldn't jump right into having 2 salads in one day. It's apparently too much fiber - I wasn't digesting some of the lettuce - so that's something I'll have to work up to.
Maybe to start with, I'll have a small salad for breakfast and my normal sized salad for lunch. Maybe a bowl of fruit with breakfast to help fill up.

I also considered blending fruit with greek yogurt and a splash of juice. The issue here is making time to do so. My mornings are always just-in-time or running late. I'll try making it the night before and see how that tastes having sat in the fridge over night. If that works then I'm golden!

For now though, I really need to suck it up and finish off my oatmeal. I'll be eating it in an air-conditioned office anyway so it shouldn't be the issue that it is. I think I'm just making excuses for my laziness.

No comments:

Post a Comment