Monday, February 14, 2011

Starting over...again

I've been off the exercise wagon for almost a month now. I'm ready to start up again but I'm pretty sure if I jump into month 2 of Insanity without building up to it, I'll be ready to quit in no time - or my shin will flare up at it - either way it's no good. So I've decided to start over for the 4th time. My night classes are making the scheduling difficult. I think I'm going to take 2 rest days instead of 1 (the class days). This might benefit both my shin and my mental setbacks from when I previously would miss days. When I actually FINISH the 60-day Insanity program, I will be SO excited!  First things first though - I gotta start.

I've been falling behind on working ahead for school work, so I don't feel as though I have enough time to exercise. Here's where my pro/con list comes in.

Pros:
Exercising increases my memory retention and focus.
Exercising increases my endorphins, and I'm certainly ready for some happy time!
I'll continue losing inches and looking good as well as feeling good.

Cons:
I'll return to a tight schedule with little free time during the week.
That's one more hour I can't use for studying.
I can't really think of any other cons, so I guess that means it's time to start!

It's Valentine's Day (and YES, apostrophe - s! It's not the day of all valentines. It is the day of St. Valentine. The fact that we've turned it into a greeting card day does not change the original meaning of why this 14th of February gets celebrated with love. /end rant ) so I'm cooking a special dinner for Ashley. I'll use my lunch hour today to study for my Psychology test, eat a snack just before leaving work, head home and work out, shower and start dinner by 7. It's do-able. I just dislike being rushed.

In other health related news - I've continued losing weight at about 2 pounds every 2 weeks. I'm at 147 now. I'm still trying to stick with eating in the top 2 tiers for breakfast and lunch. Weekends have been especially off the rocker on food choices (small portions but pretty consistently in tiers 3-5) but it doesn't seem to be affecting me weight-wise. So apparently, I can still get away with eating crap once a week. Ashley's dinners are usually within the top 3 tiers at least. I'm going to have to re-learn how to eat when I start working out tonight. I do recall having to eat more when I'm doing the Insanity program.

No comments:

Post a Comment