Monday, February 14, 2011

Bad Idea or just bad timing?

I got home and changed into workout clothes. (warning - female discussion coming) I noticed a certain sign that a particular curse had arrived. Still very light and I wasn't feeling any physical effects except for the heavy boobage. So I strapped on the heavy-duty bra and got started with the warm-up for Plyometric Cardio Circuit. About halfway through the workout, I felt cramps - not muscle cramps either. Ugh. About halfway through the cool down from the warm-up, I got nauseous. VERY nauseous. I actually stopped before finishing the cool down and hurried to the bathroom. After frantically removing the bra and heart rate monitor, which in effect reduced the nausea, I got VERY dizzy and clammy. Well dandy. I was crashing. I was sweating so profusely that I was slipping around on the toilet seat and drops were falling from my shoulders onto my knees while I tucked my head between my knees in an attempt to not pass out. I succeeded.

SO! I got the warm up done! The only factor I can come up with that was different than previous workouts is that I had started menstruating. Stupid gonads anyway.

I think I'm going to work on tap dancing this week instead of Insanity - and start up after this whole female thing has run its course.

How do you top off a workout flop such as that? With Cinnamon Caramel French Toast and bacon of course! This was a dinner I had planned for Ashley in celebration of Valentine's Day. Yeah, I'm pretty sure I sunk clear to the bottom of Tier 5 with that dinner but it was SOOOO yummy! A huge thanks is in order to the author of the Crepes of Wrath blog for that delectable recipe!

No comments:

Post a Comment