Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Mindless Hand-To-Mouth

I forgot to plan something to bring for lunch today. Luckily, I had a free coupon in the car for a Jalapeno Cheddar Sausage from Quik Trip! I walked there and on my way back decided to stop in at Dollar Tree for a bag of chips. The bargainer in me snagged up the Salsitas bag because it was bigger than the Doritos (and I happen to like them).

I have a problem with bagged chips. If I portion them out on a plate and put the bag away, I'm fine. If I'm eating them directly out of the bag, I'll eat the whole damn bag. It doesn't matter if it's a 20 serving bag (or in today's experience, a 5 serving bag), I will continue that hand-to-mouth routine until it's empty.

How was lunch though? It was great! It felt like middle school field trip lunch. I don't know if this was common for most people, but my school (a private Catholic school) would take field trips during the day to various outdoor places. When we did, we were to bring a sack lunch. I remember sitting on grass under the bright sun with a warm breeze, munching away at my bologna sandwich & chips. I also remember getting soda but I don't know if that was packed in my lunch or provided by the school. For me, it was a treat because we rarely got soda when I was a kid. Today, I was walking but the feeling of eating processed meat in the bright sun with a warm breeze was the same as I remembered it.

No comments:

Post a Comment