Thursday, August 2, 2012

Memories For Tomorrow

"Each happiness of yesterday is a memory for tomorrow." -- George W. Douglas

I can tell you now, Saturday's post is going to suck. Today's post is crazy difficult to write with any of the joy that *should* be present when discussing the fun things we've done with friends. You'll understand on Saturday why today's post might seem a little less than stellar.

However, I didn't want to put it off. I want to stay accountable to our decision to create memories with ourselves and our friends. So here's what filled those last few weeks of July!



Sweetie's friend from college was in town and we had him over for dinner. Sweetie made some delicious turkey burgers, offered toppings of roasted red & orange bell peppers, a garlic mayo, romaine lettuce, tomato and cheese. She also made my new favorite pasta salad. They seemed to have a good time catching up. I felt like I came off rude because I was having trouble coming up with conversation and this friend seems to be much like me in that he needs someone else to get the conversation going. Or maybe it is just me. I'm glad he came over though. I do enjoy having him around.


Both Saturdays we took Max for his pack walk with The Pittie Pack Meetup group. I'm sure I've mentioned before how glad I am that we found this group. We walked at the Nelson-Atkins Sculpture Park and again at Indian Creek Trail. Both locations were beautiful in their own right.


Sweetie took the reigns this time!
And yes, this distance is an improvement, lol

One of our friends invited us over to the apartment complex they live in to swim in the pool. We went on a Saturday afternoon and had a good visit in the water. I sat on the ledge for reasons I won't state here, but having my legs in the water was nice! Sweetie was having trouble with her calves seizing up. At one point, she went to jump into the deep end and both legs seized up at the same time, essentially rendering her body a sinking ship. Once I recognized the fear in her face, I realized she wasn't just screaming from what I saw as a belly flop, but that she was in danger. I yelled at our friend to go get her and once she was close enough, I pulled her to the side with a foam noodle. We followed up the hours of water with a heaping dinner of spaghetti and salad, then played a few rounds of Contract Rummy.


July 24th was a friend's birthday. She invited us to dinner with her and her girlfriend at Buca di Beppo on the Plaza in KC. It was the first time we'd met her girlfriend so it was nice to finally put a face to that special person. I don't remember much about that night, not that I have any reason not to - I just don't. I have to assume it went well and I had a great time. I know we had some random person take a group picture of us outside the restaurant. It was taken with my friend's camera though so I don't have the pic to share.


I worked on one of the Wednesdays at church for Summer Concert Series, which was excellent. Sometimes I really luck out when it comes to getting paid to do really awesome stuff.

I had taken the next day off so we could celebrate our nephew's birthday lunch. Since I didn't have to get up early, I suggested to Sweetie that we head over to Missie B's for the Maddie & Melissa Show. I never get to see the weekday shows since A) I have to get up early and B) I don't have the money to tip. Well, that week I had $20 extra AND didn't have to get up early! 


Maddie & Melissa


It was great to go out and enjoy ourselves. Between the show and Ashley, I was laughing all night long. I had to go dig up this pic that someone else took because I was so present in the moment that I didn't even think to take any!


The 26th was my nephew D's 8th birthday lunch at Chuck E Cheese. That place is normally a terror but on a Thursday afternoon, it was actually pretty enjoyable! There were probably 10 other people there besides our group of four. D loved the fort kit that Sweetie made him and he had 100 tokens to use up all to himself. It was a blast watching him enjoy himself!


We had lunch with Sweetie's family on the 28th to celebrate her birthday and her mother's birthday which was the following day. We then went to their house and hung out for a few hours. It was nice and relaxing.


No comments:

Post a Comment